Sunday, January 1, 2012

First awesome choice of the year

In talking to some friends recently, the thought of signing up for some races locally has been brought up several times.  So... I got on the internet and searched for some local races in the 5k distance department to "break" myself into the whole running gig.  My first race?  A 5K held on February 4th in Virginia Beach.  Oh buddy will it be cold, but I am determined to do it.  Starting tomorrow I am going to start training for it and really hope to see myself finish with a really decent time.  No, I will not be running a marathon by the end of  the year.  I honestly have no desire to EVER run a marathon.  I may at most decide upon a half marathon at some point.  I mostly just want to have fun and get people to join me in my quest for fitness.  My dream since being in college has been to become a personal trainer.  I have always really loved the health field and wanted a skill I could use for my family as well.  The first step in becoming a personal trainer is to start LOOKING like a personal trainer.  In training for several races over the next 12 months (of varying lengths) I will be coming closer to that goal.  Any and all who want to join me.... here is the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment