Monday, January 2, 2012

First run of the year

This morning I took off on a 1.5 mile run.  I am trying to get my body used to the jog and distance so that in the next two weeks, I can up it to at least 2 miles if not more.  I hope that if I stick with it well enough and practice often I can get the whole 5K down with plenty of time to spare.  I know I will finish the race come Feb 4, my goal is just to do it without stopping.  This morning was cold, and I really wanted to walk briskly instead a few times, but I stuck with it and pushed to the end.  My pace wasn't anything fabulous, but I did it.  My fitness quest has officially begun.  I am so excited - even though I really want a winter oreo right now.  Maybe I can allow myself a serving as my treat for the day - I just need to pick the perfect time to eat it.  My goal for the rest of the day is to ride my spin bike for an hour at some point today and do ab work as well.  If I am not super sore by then, I hope to run again this evening.  Wish me luck!  I will report in on it!
Never got to the bike or the extra run.  However, I was definitely working out though!  Spending almost all day trying to get a room organized in this place is HARD WORK!!  Of course, while mom is doing something in a different room - the kids will play and wreck the rest of the house!  SO moving "get rid of a ton of stuff" to the top of my resolution list now!

No comments:

Post a Comment