Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year

I have decided to start my own blog about my weight loss goals and achievements.  I am SO excited about all of this and really look forward to sharing this experience with others.  My hope is that those of you out there with similar goals may join me in this quest and we can accomplish a healthier lifestyle together and feel great.  My little story goes something like this:  I was 20 when I had my first baby, six months after having her, I found out I was pregnant with baby #2. During that time, I was nursing my first baby and was NOT successful at losing any weight whatsoever.  I basically felt overweight for two years straight.  Then my husband went and left me (navy - deployment) right before I had baby #2 - so I spent the deployment trying to lose all that weight - and guess what?  I did and weighed less than when I was married!  Hooray, right!?  Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  Then the meat and potato lovin' man came home from deployment and my diet changed, for the worse.  The extra weight I lost above and beyond my B.C. (before children) weight slowly crept back on.  Then, I got pregnant with baby #3.  Now, I love my son, but I just couldn't seem to shake a lot of weight after that one.  Despite how much I worked out.  So....15 months after that, I am pregnant with baby #4.  I had her at the end of Sept 2011.  Now that the holidays are over, I am SO ready to blow this popsicle stand!  Through this process I will be discovering myself and how my body loses weight.  I cannot recreate my ideal weightloss environment by sending my husband on a 7  1/2 month deployment  (we are very happy to have him around for a change) so I will need to figure things out by trial and error.  I will be writing all the stuff that works (and crashes and burns) down on this site for others to experiment with.  I will also write down tips and workout ideas as well.   If any of you choose to do this challenge with me - post your comments and findings along the way so we can learn from eachother.

No comments:

Post a Comment